eLearning Pilot Plan:
- Students will be given 1 week (7 days) from the day the snow day is called to complete assignments.
- If you do not have access to the internet at home, students will have opportunities to complete their assignments during non-class time during the school day. There are also other locations such as the Brown County Public Library and the Brown County Career Resource Center that are open after school hours.
- Teachers have been asked to post assignments on Canvas (or through another previously identified method) by 9:00 a.m. on the day the eLearning day is called. However, it is important to understand that some of our educators live in places where there is no internet connectivity. They will post assignments as soon as they are able.
- Teachers will be available to answer any questions that students/parents have about the issued assignments by email or through the Canvas platform during school hours or by email/Canvas/phone during the week following the eLearning Day.
- Students do not need to have “their” electronic device at home to complete the assignments issued on Canvas. Students can log into any connected device (computer/phone/tablet) to access the Canvas platform.
- Canvas can be accessed through a variety of ways. If you go to the Brown County Schools website and click the banner at the top of the page titled, “Quick Links,” you will find a column marked, “Students.” Under that column, you will see the Canvas button.
With anything new, there are bound to be situations that develop that may be frustrating or confusing. We are working very hard to be proactive about these situations; however, we know there will be issues that arise. Please communicate your concerns and we will address those concerns as soon as possible.
HES/Mrs. Kelli Bruner: email@example.com
SES/Mr. Shane Killinger: firstname.lastname@example.org
VBES/Mr. Gavin Steele: email@example.com
BCIS/Mr. Trent Austin: firstname.lastname@example.org
BCJHS/Mr. Brian Garman: email@example.com
BCHS/Mr. Matthew Stark: firstname.lastname@example.org
BCS Director of Technology, Mr. David Phelps: email@example.com
BCS Superintendent, Dr. Laura Hammack: firstname.lastname@example.org 812-988-6601 X1101 **I will be in the office unless there is a “Warning” travel status that only allows emergency providers to be on the roads.