For many kids, summer time means food, friends and fun. For families who count on school breakfast and lunch, however, the summer months can be stressful and family food budgets have to be stretched even further. Free summer meals, funded by the USDA, are available to kids and teens ages 18 and younger at two summer meals sites in Brown County. Summer meals sites offer kids and teens a healthy lunch while being with friends.
Free Summer Meal Program Details:
- Lunch is FREE to ALL children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site
- Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets
- Food served is healthy and follows USDA nutrition guidelines
- Summer meals sites are at fun, safe places for kids and teens
- No application or proof of income needed
- Meals are prepared and sponsored by Brown County Schools Food Service Department